PGF summer internship
Portland Garment Factory (PGF) seeks a summer production intern. Are you a self-motivated, creative thinker interested in learning about the design and manufacturing process on a variety of levels? Are you curious about how a small business operates? And are you looking for an internship that develops your hands-on making abilities, as well as your research and design skills? If so, please send a brief + creative cover letter and resume (with two references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in interning at PGF. We look forward to hearing from you!
Internship dates: June 15th–August 15th, 2017 (dates flexible depending on school schedule)
Applications are due by May 31, 2017
- Assist Production Manager on various design and production projects for PGF clients.
- Alongside PGF Owner, work on special, in-house, PGF-focused projects.
- Work with Communications on digital and physical outreach projects.
- Assist Communications on special events and community projects at PGF.
- Document projects for process stories.
- Create blog posts for PGF's website.
Run errands (pick ups/drop offs, etc) as needed.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Sewing/cutting/making experience.
- Willingness to work on a variety of projects.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker with a sense of humor.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Valid Driver License required (vehicle not required).
- Includes a modest monthly stipend.
- School credit available for those in a degree-seeking program.